Anyway, I shoot at an outdoor range where lot’s of folks bring boxes of shiny, new, factory ammunition to shoot – and then they leave the brass lying all over the place.
Is there a “clean up after yourself” rant forthcoming? Not on your life. I love these folks. New, once-fired, name brand brass?
[color-box]I’ll pick up new range brass faster than Alec Baldwin complains about his fame and fortune.(Tweet This)[/color-box]
After testing a new scope the other day, a Weaver Tactical 1-5×24, I cleaned up. Big time. First rate rifle brass sells for about 50 cents apiece. Heck, I’ll spend hours picking up someone else’s brass. And thank them for it.
Anyway, I was tired, and jazzed about the new scope, so I wasn’t paying much attention. When I got home to clean and sort my new treasure trove, I noticed handwriting on some of the .30-06 cases. Hmmm.
On closer examination, someone found a safe and fun way to vent their frustrations. At 2,700 feet per second.
And just what was this anonymous individual concerned about? From the ones I could still read, here’s the list of aggravations:
- “F— You _____.” Sorry, the last word was illegible. But this person sent some serious anger down range.
- “New slang” But no mention of Justin Bieber, which I found strange.
- Something about “evil money.” Perhaps this person found the recent government stimulus programs lacking?
- “People who treat vets like shit“
- “Kids that drive $60,000 cars“
- “Dad’s B.S. – Not my problem!“
- “Who I was“
I kid you not. England.
If you’re a board-certified psychiatrist, we’d love a preliminary analysis. Sorry, but we can only pay for your services in used range brass.