Federal Premium just released a new load in their Fusion line. Developed for deer hunting, but applicable to much more, this Fusion load is for the “so hot right now” 6.5 Creedmoor caliber. We’ve got some on the way to test in a Smith & Wesson Performance Center M&P 10 6.5 Creedmoor (also on the way) so we’ll report in soon on how they play together.
In the meantime, here’s the factory specs:
Fusion® was the first rifle ammunition specifically built for deer hunting—and it’s still the best, offering the largest expansion and highest weight retention in its class. It’s a perfect match for the 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge, which has quickly become the choice of deer hunters who appreciate its long-range accuracy, flat trajectory, mild recoil and tag-punching power. Paired with the Fusion bullet’s molecularly fused jacket and pressure-formed core, the new load provides deep penetration and stopping power. Available in 34 other loads from 223 Rem. to 45-70 Govt.
Features & Benefits
- New 140-grain 6.5 Creedmoor
- Caliber offers long-range accuracy, flat trajectory and mild recoil
- Skived bullet tip for long-range expansion
- Boat-tail design maximizes ballistic coefficient
- Molecularly-fused jacket around a pressure-formed core produces excellent accuracy
- Best-in-class weight retention and expansion