Today’s pop quiz is a little complicated. It’s a combination of reading comprehension and true / false answers. Ready?
Dick and Jane like to go shooting at a public range in the ‘Murrican National Forest. This range is completely unattended. It’s open 7 days a week from sunrise to sunset and there are no employees of any kind at the facility. It’s a nice facility and Dick and Jane have fun shooting and meeting other people who like to shoot. Today, Dick brought 3 boxes of American Eagle .223 Remington Ammunition. Jane brought 3 boxes of 300 AAC Blackout ammunition. One was 110 grain, one was 135 grain and the last was 220 grain subsonic loads. When Dick and Jane arrived at the shooting range, they found a padlocked gate with a sign saying that Bert and Ernie couldn’t seem to agree on a budget, so due to lack of Federal funding, the range was closed until further notice.
Questions – Circle the correct true / false answer:
1. (True / False) Since the range is unattended, no one actually reports to work there.
2. (True / False) Since the range is unattended, some Federal employee had to violate the government shutdown order to go lock the gate to the shooting range and place signs saying that the range was closed, even though no one works there.
3. (True / False) Federal government decision-making mimics the thought processes of cement.
4. (True / False) Dick and Jane’s conspiracy theorist friend, Vladimir, is convinced that a call was placed from the White House to the folks who look after the ‘Murrican Forest Shooting Range telling them to shut the range down just to poke gun owners in the eye.
5. (True / False) The United States Senate is full of complete idiots who are an obscene embarrassment to the American way of life.
6. (True / False) Dick and Jane left the range with 6 total boxes of ammunition.
7. (True / False) Harry Reid looks an awfully lot like the fairy in Dick and Jane’s reading books.
3. False. Cement is demonstrably more intelligent.
4. False. No call was placed. Air Force 1 was dispatched late last night so the matter could be handled personally.
6. False. Dick and Jane snuck in anyway. And collected a pile of sweet, like new, once-fired .30-06 brass to boot.
7. False. Harry Reid resembles a Garden Gnome suffering from advanced stage Mad Cow disease.